Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bring it back now, ya'll...

Back in 2004, I started college at Ohio University.  The next four years would become memorable based on the classes I took, experiences I had with friends, challenges at work, and trying to balance it all.  Most of these instances were positive and hold a special place in my memories.  In another mental chest, infamous events are stored.  For today, as a part of the January Blog Challenge, one of the weird, funny, what-in-the-world-just-happened moments that happened over eight years ago will be released from the vault (like an old-ish Disney movie).

Not many people know the back story of how my husband and I met.  For the most part it is an easy story to tell.  We worked together at one of the campus dining halls, during Sunday brunch.  Unfortunately though, that's all it really was.  Co-workers.  Courtesy of AOL Instant Messenger, (man, I feel old) I semi-invited myself (and was semi-invited) to a movie showing at the local Athena theater.  Team America:  World Police.  Although he walked to meet me at my residence hall and we walked to the theater together, it was not a date.  That was clear from the get go.  His roommate tried to get him to pay for me.  Fail.  The same roommate ended up sitting next to me in the movie (for the first twenty minutes or so).  Fail.  It was one of the most uncomfortable movies to sit through.  Fail.  At the end, the boys walked me back to my hall and that was it.  All in all, it was an extremely awkward night.  I should've known that going in.  He is awkward.  What was I expecting?  One awful movie (I Heart Huckabees) later (also watched in a group setting), and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment