Saturday, January 26, 2013

Blargh.

I really have an excuse for yesterday's post not being written.  I got sick.  Real sick.  I won't bore or gross you out with the details, but please know it was awful.  Aw.  Ful.  Ok, imagine Aubrey from Pitch Perfect projectile vomiting into the crowd.  Yep, it was pretty much like that.

January 25 (one day late):  el oh vee ee.
For us humans, that's LOVE.  So, for a real quick read...last night I ate a lot of sugar free gummy fish and bears.  I have done this before, which ended badly, but I tried again.  Let's just say I like gummy bears/worms/fish and was trying to be "healthy."  Related to the top message about being sick...at 5:20 this morning, I was unable to leave the bathroom.  Luckily I had taken my phone with me and was able to wake up the super sound sleeper with only two texts.  He was able to bring me medicine and water and braved the smell coming from the bathroom.  That's how I know he loves me and cares whether I survive.  The end.

January 26:  Winter/Summer
Lately our weather has been cold.  Like legs numbing cold.  Like cold wind that makes your eyes tear up cold.  Like Rosie-walking is unbearable cold.  Yet today, we braved the wind chill and temperature in the 15-25 range to walk the dogs at SPCA, because we signed up to, and let's face it, no one else was there to do it.  It was only 1.5 hours of our time, and cold for the dogs too, but I love being there.  Spending time with them is very meaningful to the dogs and the employees of the SPCA.  So, in a super roundabout way...no matter the season, no matter the temperature, the dogs there warm my heart and I will continue to volunteer there for as long as we're in this area.  For the record, I feel that fits both prompts.  So, BOOYAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment