Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blog Challenge Continues

The prompt for today is top ten.  Top ten?  Top ten what?  Movies of all time?  Most influential celebrities?  Worst fast food items to eat?  Dog food brands without grain or corn?

Let's make this simple.  Besides, my grandpa always says, "Keep it simple, stupid."  I'm feeling a little stupid today, so here goes.

Mollie's Top Ten List of Books (that are currently in her possession from various libraries that she needs to read before their due dates which seem to creep closer and closer by the minute.)  Please refer back to this post for clarification as to why I'm a book-hoarder.

1.  The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (I'm really moving on this one, but I've started stalling since the wife went into a coma.  Bad news, Bobcats.)
2.  Bossypants by Tina Fey (C'mon.  It's Tina Fey.  I have to at least try it.)
3.  Between You and Me by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
4.  A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty by Joshilynn Jackson (not to be confused with Joshua Jackson!)
5.  Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks
6.  January First:  A Child's Descent into Madness and Her Father's Struggle to Save Her by Michael Schofield
7.  Quiet:  The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain (My Myers-Briggs always says I'm an introvert.  Let's see if this book agrees.)
8.  Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson
9.  the five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom (it just hurt my brain to not capitalize the title.  Yowch.)
10.  Ordinary People by Judith Guest

I read somewhere that once you are reading a book and for whatever reason find it tedious to continue, you should just stop.  I have such an issue with that, but I did give up on The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling.  Go New Year's Resolutions, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment